Our students receive personalized learning experiences and small group instruction designed to help them excel. Homeroom teachers, specialists, assistants, and native French-speaking interns help L’Etoile maintain a lower student-to-educator ratio and promote academic advancement.
Historically (including post-pandemic) L’Etoile students show high standardized test scores, exceeding both district and state averages.
Immersion Learning Benefits
Research consistently shows that learning another language (especially at a young age) is linked to:
- Higher academic achievement (through standardized test scores)
- Improved cognitive development, including critical thinking and problem solving
- More positive attitudes towards the cultures and peoples associated with the language being learned
Why Choose French?
French is a global language!
- It is the second most learned foreign language after English, and the fifth most widely spoken language in the world (~300 million speakers worldwide).
- French is an official language in 29 countries across 5 continents.
- French provides excellent grounding for learning Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Romanian. It is also a good base for English learners, as much of English vocabulary is derived from French.
Before and After School Care
Extended day care is provided by Discovery Club. Learn more about the program and pricing at spps.org/discoveryclub.
Saint Paul Public Schools provides free bussing to and from L’Etoile du Nord for families living within Saint Paul city limits. Students living outside of Saint Paul are welcome to attend L’Etoile du Nord, but families will need to provide their own transportation.
All families of L’Etoile du Nord students are integral to our school community.
Whether volunteering to support your child’s teacher or participating in our Parent/Teacher Organization (PTO), we invite everyone to share their gifts and talents. Family involvement supports students’ academic success and deepens their sense of community engagement.
Learn more at lnfi-pto.org.
Address: 1760 Ames Place E,
Saint Paul, MN 55106
Phone: (651) 744-6970
Call to schedule a tour or click this link!: https://tinyurl.com/47dn32rk
Start the enrollment process by visiting the Student Placement Center website at spps.org/apply or by contacting the center directly.
Student Placement Center
- Phone: (651) 632-3760
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 2102 University Ave West, Saint Paul, MN 55114